A College in Cotati
In 1957, Governor Goodwin Knight signed a bill authorizing a "North Bay college" to serve Sonoma, Solano, Marin and Napa counties. In 1960, the Benson Ranch was chosen as the site. It was a last-minute nomination by tenacious Cotatians, whose two previous site proposals had been rejected. This "put Cotati on the map", although the address would ultimately be Rohnert Park, California.